Thursday, June 12, 2008

Okay, it took 6 months

It’s 1:30 a.m. and I cannot sleep. After Bible class I came home mowed half the lawn real quick, showered and ran to Wal-Mart to buy Bonnie and Brennen’s birthday presents. I have been home alone since Sunday afternoon to go to Mesquite for Song Camp. I miss my family something fierce. You never realize how much you miss the sound of those little feet running through the house, the giggles and laughter until their not here. I have been talking to the walls since my best friend is not here, but I look forward to seeing Danna later today. After I get off work today I am driving in to be with my family. I can’t wait!! I think that is why I can’t sleep.

Misc. Stuff to update you on since my last post
Danna and I got to go to Tulsa with her mother and we had a blast. While we were there we were able to see Richard and Melanie Wiginton, two of our best friends. Their three children, Ashlyn, Carter, and Braden are growing up fast. We didn’t get to spend as much time with them as we had hoped but we got to see them and hug that will have to do until we can get together for a longer stay. We also got to see Jason and Tiersa Reeves, two more of our best friends. It is always the same, you never have enough time to spend with everyone you want.

In April I was asked to speak at a youth rally in Mesquite. I always consider it an honor when I am asked to speak. I am thankful for every opportunity given to me.

May brought my graduation from Grad school, no big deal since I re-enrolled a week later to start my Master of Divinity. At this one will take me four years to complete. Then it is off to finish my Doctor of Ministry.

May also brought an on campus class in World Religions. I was really excited about the class material, but Jason Reeves took the class with me and we had a great time getting to visit and get caught up.

June brings a new season of “The Academy” on Fox Reality. It is a reality show that follows recruits through their training at the LA County Sheriff’s Academy. I love this show. June also brings Song Camp which Danna is at this week and then in a couple of weeks we will leave for vacation with Danna’s family. Her mother and at least three, maybe four, sisters. Okay, this will either be a great opportunity for my brother-in-law Gary and I to really get at the sisters or this will be the beating of a lifetime. I’ll let you know about it when we get back.

Okay, before I close and I get a lot of wise remarks (Richard). I am going to try to get better at updating. I am thinking I will try to turn it into more than just what I am going through and my family. I am going to try to offer more thought and Scripture.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Yay! I'm so glad you updated. Now between you and Danna, we can actually find out what you're doing! Give the kiddos big birthday hugs from us! Love ya!