Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Welcome to my New Blog!

After several months of trying to get my blog separated from Danna's I have decided to make a new one. The last couple of months have been fast, full, and fabulous! Let me see if I can hit the highlights for you. First, in June we celebrated Bonnie (4) and Brennen's (3) birthdays. It is hard to believe that I have children this old and awesome kids at that. My babies are a real source of joy in my life. Brennen and Bonnie both love to wrestle with me on the bed, so needless to say I have several bruises all the time from jumping kids who land in the middle of me with their knees. I wouldn't trade any of it for the world! I also started another class at LCU, New Testament Theology, and so far this one had to be the most difficult. However, I did pass and will graduate in May.

Since the first of July the Church has started growing we are currently averaging sixty on Sunday morning and forty on Sunday and Wednesday evening. God is blessing our efforts here and answering our prayers. I know I do not deserve to be blessed with all of this, but I am thankful that God has allowed me to be part of this. I look forward to seeing what He does in this community.

I cannot think of anything else tonight! It has been so long since I posted I cannot keep up with everything that has gone on. I hope to post more often than I have in the past and want to do more with it. So, I will try to post again soon. Please be in prayer for Danna's sister Karen as she recovers from surgery and waits on test results for uterine cancer and my friend Greg Lucas who is the prison minister at the Duncanville church. Greg is in ICU at Parkland following a serious motorcycle accident. He is not doing well and he and his wife Karen need to be lifted up during this time. I am sorry for not posting sooner. I'll try to post more often with this new blog. You know I love you!

3 comments:

Liz Moore said...

It's so good to have you back!! Happy Birthday to Bonnie and Brennen!! I will be praying for Karen and for Greg. Keep us posted. One of these weekends we are going to ride our motorcycles over to see you. We went the back roads to McKinney a few weeks ago with some friends and saw signs for Van Alstyne. So I know we probably weren't far from you then. We Love you guys!!!

Liz Moore said...

Shannon,
Ashley wants to know if you are going to Abilene for Lectureship. Her fiancé is going to be there and she wants you to call her so y'all can go to lunch or something. If you don't have her phone #, email me and I'll send it to you. love you guys!!

Melanie said...

I'm glad you're here! Love you and am praying for Greg and Karen.